• Areliana Hillberry

My Top 5 Favorite Budget Beauty Products

Updated: Oct 21, 2020

Let me preface this post with this important information: I am no beauty guru, by any means. I like makeup that is good quality, but easy on the budget and I can apply in the shortest amount of time possible. You will never see me looking cute in front of makeup mirror, hair in a bath towel updo, touching up my foundation and late for a dinner when we really should have left 15 minutes ago. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this scenario - ladies, I envy those of you who actually take the time to do your makeup and look like a supermodel when you show up 15 minutes late to dinner. It's just not me! Once I finally found an eye makeup routine that I loved, I stuck with it - the whole thing takes me 10-15 minutes tops. So for those of you who are like me, or those of you who are just looking for cheaper, good quality makeup: I present to you, my Top 5 Budget Beauty Products.


**Disclaimer: you may stumble upon affiliate links within some of the posts. If you're not familiar with affiliate links, they're a way for me to make a commission when you click on a link or make a purchase - such as when I post about my favorite pet care products or the best travel gear - but don't worry, this comes at no cost to you, it's simply a way to keep this blog up and running. I would never include links to products that I wouldn't use or support!**



#1. e.l.f. Blemish Control Face Primer - this stuff feels like magic and does a great job at hiding blemishes. I also tend to get red, patchy cheeks (thanks genetics) but this primer helps keep it on the down-low.


#2. Revlon ColorStay Long-wear Liquid Foundation - I have always struggled with foundation, I don't know why but it is just super foreign to me. That being said, I don't use it very often - just for special occasions - and this liquid is super easy to use plus it doesn't require any special equipment (I've literally applied this stuff to my face with my hands in a parking lot - don't judge)


#3. Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder - this isn't always a part of my makeup routine, but it's definitely one of my top favorites. My skin is combination dry/oily (super annoying) but leans more towards oily - this powder is super fine, it doesn't cake my pores but still hides the shiny and also works well for hiding blemishes. I also use this in combination with the liquid foundation around spots that tend to be really oily.


#4. e.l.f. Mad For Matte Palette - this palette is my daily go-to. My husband bought it for my birthday one year and I have been obsessed ever since. I love the feel of the matte powder and the amount of combinations. This palette makes up 95% of my looks.


#5. Revlon ColorStay Sharp Line Liquid Eye Pen - finally, the cherry on top of the sundae. It is extremely rare to see me without my signature cat-eye, whether short and sweet or long and dramatic. Over the years, I have had lots of bad relationships with my eyeliner pens - pencils breaking and smudging, liquid liners being too...liquid, and almost gluing my eyelid shut with a SUPER waterproof liner. When I found this liner, I never looked back. It comes in blackest black, is waterproof, smudgeproof, and basically holds my life together. Highly recommend for anyone who wants fabulous cat-eye without streaks.

Some of my favorite makeup looks - peep that eyeliner in every single one!


**Bonus! The matte palette above is for 95% of my looks, but for the other 5% (when I wanna be fancy) I use this Covergirl Eyeshadow Palette. It has colors for whatever look I'm going for, like sparkly, bold, and beautiful for parties or subtly elegant for a wedding. It's worth an honorable mention at the very least.**


So there you have it, these are the staples of my makeup routine and I absolutely love them, plus they are easy on the budget. They are also super easy to pack up and take on the road, which helps when you want to look cute for that "classic hiking-in-the-woods" pic. If you try any of them or have any of your own cheap go-to products, let me know in the comments below - I'm always looking for new makeup!


Stay adventurous.


**P.S. You may have noticed that I didn't include my favorite mascara, which is definitely a staple - but the truth is, I haven't found "the one" yet - they are all too clumpy or hardly lift at all, so if you have a recommendation, PLEASE let me know!**

28 views0 comments

JOIN THE MAILING LIST

© 2020 Yearning for Adventure. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Facebook
  • Tumblr
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest